Sunday, November 13, 2011

24 October 2011

Combined Baptism

My Ghettotastic dryer

Hiking at the ruins

Me and Elder Asay

Meditating

We are sooo cool. NOT!

Star Wars Risk.


Hey everyone!!!

So this week was interesting for sure. So this week was my real 1st week in Bulawayo. I actually went to a normal church service (1st week we watched General Conference and listened to the Prophets voice). But in teaching we went on exchanges where I went with Elder Asay into our area and it was a blast!! We were teaching this an investigator and her Gogo (grandma) was there. During the lesson she was burping like crazy that it was hard for Elder Asay and me not to laugh. She's like 85-90 and she's burping louder the a College aged boy!! It was really funny. In another lesson this little girl named Amanda grabbed onto my white shirt and pulled herself onto the stone I was sitting on and she pushed me towards the end of the stone so she could stand behind me and touch my hair and play with it. Her Mom beat her for it (Here it's common to beat your kids and even recommended by society.) I feel bad but when we came back we didn't see her and we found out that it was because all of her neighbors saw her and said the Mom wasn't a good mom. I felt really, really bad. But I'm grateful that the mom was able to come to church this week though. And it's weird that in about 8-9 months I'll be home. The other Elders like reminding me about that, but in that it's made me want to work harder. Time is short and I don't want it to be said of me that I was a lazy servant. I'm going to do the Lord's work all my life and I hope all of you will help spread the Word of God with all that you meet with boldness and Authority. I love you all.

Elder Robert Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment