Monday, September 19, 2011

19 September 2011

Mwasera sei!
 
Hey everyone!! So this week has been pretty intense. My old companion, Elder Bonds, went home Sunday night at 5:30pm and his plane left at 12pm (Local times). Won't lie, best transfer I've ever had. We had perfect transitioning and we are very good friends and I am very sad to see him go. My new companion is Elder Marotya (sounds like Mah hoe cha). He's pretty cool. He's from South Africa.
 
  The week itself was great. We did a lot of finding and were able to find many new friends for us to teach. It was very exciting.  Over all it was a quieter week. However, we did have an AMAZING baptism. We baptized an older lady (70's-80's) who couldn't walk well but comes to church every Sunday and she has the greatest amount of faith I've EVER seen on mission. She's so powerful. Everything is holding her back yet she pushes forward. I hope I'm like that when I get older.
 





But outside of that nothing new. People still call me John Cena and the Zone split. I'm now in the Harare East Zone. Pretty cool in my eyes. ButI hope you all are doing well and I love you all very much. Please stay strong in the church. Nothing else is worth it. Trust me. The Atonement is real and Jesus is the Christ. I know he is alive and I witness that he is alive. I know God lives as I know I live and God's plan is what we need. He does not need us. We are nothing. You are nothing. I am nothing. And for the first time in my life I'm ok with that. I truely do love and may God bless you all.
 
Love,
Elder Robert Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment